Updated: Aug 1
1. Get a good night 's sleep the night before.
This is probably the most important of all of the the things to do. Here're a few helpful products that I personally use. eye mask for sleeping, magnesium supplement or magnesium spray, another favorite is a product called just calm. These will all help with muscle relaxation and a good night sleep.
2. Wake up early and take some time to relax,
try meditating and journaling this always helps with me setting the intentions for the day and its also good to have to look back on in many years to come the act of writing helps me release any fears and anxious thoughts I might be having.
3. Eat a healthy breakfast to fuel your day.
Planning is everything when it comes to eating healthy, focus on energy packed protein foods and be sure to stay hydrated.
4. Have a plan for the day and delegate tasks to family and friends.
You might want to hire a day planner if thats not in the budget ask one of your most organized bridesmaids, friends or family member to step up. Be sure to make a list of all the tasks that need to be set in place for the day.
5. Drink plenty of water throughout the day.
You can ask the bridal attendant to keep you hydrated throughout the day, especially if your wedding is in one of the warmer months.
6. Take some time to enjoy the moment and appreciate the people around you.
Stop and breathe throughout the day. I have an Apple Watch and it reminds me to stop and be present for just s few moments.
7. Take a few deep breaths when feeling overwhelmed.
This is so powerful. I use box breathing 4-7-8 technique. It goes like something like this breathe in for the count of 4 - hold for 7 seconds - then breathe out for the count of 8 slowly like your blowing out through a straw. I have a great meditation app called Insight Timer
8. Have a go-to person to talk to if you need a break
Just in case, have a set person in mind the one who can ease your mind when things get crazy, or perhaps just a good listener.
9. Wear something comfortable and that makes you feel confident.
Remember to take a few moments to yourself throughout day
Set timer to remind yourself to stop to take it all in. Remember to eat too! Or at least ask the venue to pack up food for you to take with you, so many brides I talk with afterwards forget to eat.