Updated: Apr 10
Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Hair extensions are a popular choice for brides and MOB and basically anyone who want to add length, volume, fullness and for the curl to hold. In this post, I'll cover everything you need to know about hair extensions for your wedding, from the different the types of extensions we use and other types available elsewhere and how to care for them
Types of Hair Extensions:
1.Clip-in extensions -Clip-in extensions are a temporary option that can be easily attached and removed. They come in a range of lengths, textures, and colors, and can be used to add volume and length to your hair for your wedding day. The bride Kelly on the right is wearing clip in hair extension
Ponytail extensions also clip in.
2. Halo extensions (lower left ) and Ponytail extensions (Upper right side) (not applied ponytail on lower the left)
- Hair extensions that are integrated within a loop, which goes around your head. Easy to apply.
Below are 3 types of hair extensions that we don't offer, but if you have them applied elsewhere we can work with them on your wedding day
1. Tape-in extensions - Tape-in extensions are semi-permanent extensions that are attached to your hair using double-sided tape. They can last up to 8 weeks with proper care and maintenance.
2. Sew-in extensions - Sew-in extensions are also known as weaves. They are attached to your natural hair by braiding it and then sewing the extensions onto the braids. They can last up to 3 months with proper care and maintenance.
3. Fusion extensions - Fusion extensions are attached to your hair using a keratin bond that is melted onto your hair. They can last up to 6 months with proper care and maintenance.
Choosing the Right Hair Extensions:
When choosing hair extensions for your wedding, it's important to consider the texture, color, and length of your natural hair. I always recommend a consultatation with the hair stylist or the artist that going to be working with you and applying the extensions You want your extensions to blend seamlessly with your natural hair and look natural.
If you have straight hair, you can opt for straight extensions. If you have curly or wavy hair, you can choose extensions that match your natural texture. It's also important to choose extensions that match the color of your natural hair. If you're unsure about the right color, you can always consult with a hairstylist.
Caring for Your Hair Extensions:
Proper care and maintenance are important to keep your hair extensions looking great on your wedding day. Here are some tips for caring for your extensions:
This can vary depending on the length and color and combination of either hi lights, balayage, ombre the cost can be anywhere between 300.00 to 600.00 for 100% human hair extensions that last up to 10 years This includes our preparation and application on wedding day.
Brush your extensions regularly to prevent tangling.
Wash your extensions using a gentle shampoo and conditioner.
Avoid using heat styling tools on your extensions to prevent damage.
Store your extensions in a cool, dry place when not in use.
Avoid sleeping with wet hair extensions to prevent tangling.
Hair extensions can be a great way to achieve the perfect wedding hairstyle. Whether you choose clip-in, tape-in, sew-in, or fusion extensions, it's important to choose the right type and color that blends seamlessly with your natural hair. With proper care and maintenance, your extensions will look great on your wedding day and beyond.